In our experience, the skills that leaders bring to their work varies widely. Some have had wonderful training and thoughtful mentors to help them apply what they have learned. Others have a natural affinity for guiding and developing others. But many have had very little training and little or no mentoring. It is easy to understand how this has come about. Most leaders rise through the ranks by being good at their jobs and getting things done. Leadership, as we know, is about getting things done through others, and that requires a different skill set. Most organizations list coaching and mentoring as two must have qualities. The Leader as Coach Program is designed to help leaders acquire these key leadership competencies. This flexible program can be customized to meet your organization’s needs. It leverages coaching thought leader and developer Leni Wildflower’s highly acclaimed Knowledge Based Coaching Program.
Who Is This Program For?
- Leaders and managers who want to become more effective at developing their talents.
- Professionals in training and development, executive development and human resources, who want to create an internal coaching cohort.
- Leaders and managers who want to enhance their current management skills.
- Leaders and managers who would like the organizational benefits of a coach certification.
- Help define and develop new leadership competencies.
- Aid with onboarding and retaining top talent.
- Create an internal cohort of leaders that know how to coach.
- Equip leaders to obtain coach certification.
- Create a group of sponsors who understand and believe in the process.
- Provide a powerful and effective way to create a coaching culture.
How Will This Program Benefit You As a Leader?
- You will acquire the skill of listening and speaking in a way that empowers others.
- You will learn how to engage the commitment of your employees and liberating their potential.
- You will discover how to create and maintain a learning environment for employees at all levels of the organization.
ABOUT THE COACHES
Chuck Berke, PhD, MCC, SCC
Leni Wildflower, PhD, PCC Wildflower Consulting
Chuck Berke is an International Coach Federation Master Certified Coach, a credential held by less than 2 percent of coaches worldwide. He embeds coaching into his leadership development programs, which he delivers globally. Author of High Potentials Boot Camp: The Ultimate Playbook for Winning at Work, Berke has worked with individuals, teams, and departments from many Fortune 100 companies.
Leni Wildflower is the pioneer and developer of evidenced-based coach training. A talented coach and teacher with more than 25 years’ experience, Leni is the creator and founding director of the evidence based coaching program at Fielding Graduate University. She wrote The Hidden History of Coaching and co-authored. The Handbook of Knowledge Based Coaching: From Theory to Practice with Diane Brennan.
Every entity I have worked for lists coaching as a key leadership competency. Now, thanks to Leni and Chuck, I actually know how to coach. Adding these skills to my leadership repertoire has been enormously helpful. I know we often feel like we are too busy to take time out for training. This one is absolutely worth it.
Deputy Director, Government Agency
I have always tried to work with my direct reports from a coach’s perspective. After this program I am confident that I am coaching much more effectively. The results are undeniable. My direct reports do a lot more thinking for themselves and take accountability for what happens in their area. And I do a lot less telling them what to do. I highly recommend this training program!
Senior Director,Training and Development Industry
Fairfield, Connecticut Chuck Berke