It seems unnecessary to explain how difficult and unrelenting the demands on organizational citizens have become. This program is about using a research-based five stage process called the MBOI, to help organizations and the people who work in them, learn the skillset of resilience. We believe that building in resilience is the most effective hedge we have against lost productivity, a disengaged workforce, and even individual burnout. We have developed an organizational intervention program based on Dr. Susan Auger’s MBOI grounded theory (or research?). The MBOI resilience model is flexible and applicable in a wide variety of circumstances. As is the case with all of our other programs, we customize the MBOI to meet our client’s unique needs. We do this by conducting a series of comprehensive interviews with key organizational stakeholders. The MBOI model is an elegant and practical helping process that can be taught, learned and embedded into any organization or team process. It is geared to creating learning organizations. We assist those who participate in this program to build their capacity to access their strengths, in a way that allows them to refocus on, and find joy in their work once again.
Who is this Program For?
- Employees who work under stressful conditions, and would benefit from learning how to become more resilient.
- Training and Development, Executive Development and Human Resource professionals who want to help build resilience into their teams, departments and enterprises.
- Leaders/managers who want to enhance their current skills.
- Leaders/managers who would want to learn how to coach themselves and their employees through difficult circumstances.
What Leaders Will Learn
- What happens in each of the five stages of the MBOI process- Encountering, Coming Home, Pathfinding, Moving On, and Revisiting, and how to navigate them.
- How to coach employees to transition from one stage to another and when.
- How to become more self-reflective.
- How to become more solution focused.
- How to become more flexible in their thinking and meaning-making.
- Adds a new set of skills to a leader’s repertoire.
- Creates a more adaptable and robust work force.
- Reduces turnover and absenteeism.
- Helps employees develop self-efficacy. They become more able, and more likely, to solve their own problems and help others do the same.
- Builds employee capacity. As they learn to handle stress more effectively, they free up time and energy for other purposes.
- Creates an internal cohort of employees who understand the process of developing resilience.
- Creates a group of sponsors who understand and believe in the process.
- Provides a powerful and effective way to create a resilient culture.
- Meets an organization
About Berke Associates
Berke Associates is a nationally recognized executive leadership coaching and training company. We specialize in executive and leadership development through actionable and achievable steps to accelerate performance and launch career success. Berke Associates includes a select group of experienced, highly trained and talented coaches and consultants. From executive coaching, speaking, group coaching, leadership development to team facilitation, Berke Associates will match you with the associate best suited to meet your developmental needs.
ABOUT THE COACHES
Susan Auger, PhD
- Creator of the Making the Best of It Resiliency Model.
- An executive coach and management consultant with over 20 years of experience.
- Specializes in cultivating collaborative leadership skills.
- An expert in building healthy organizational cultures.
Chuck Berke, PhD, MCC
- Master Certified Coach through the International Coach Federation, a credential held by less than 2% of coaches worldwide.
- Embeds coaching into his leadership development programs which he delivers to companies globally.
- Has worked with individuals, teams and departments from many Fortune 100 companies.
- Author of High Potentials Boot Camp: The Ultimate Playbook for Winning at Work.
JM- Senior Director Pharma
KG- Senior VP Sports Marketing
To be honest, I had no idea what to expect from this training. I knew Susan Auger and Chuck Berke from previous leadership development training they had provided. This was completely different but every bit as valuable. Our company had been and was continuing to experience very turbulent times. The MBOI model was enormously helpful in getting people through the tough patches and back in the game.
Organizational environments are not for the faint of heart these days. Many of us experience long intense battles with stress and that takes its toll. Susan’s MBOI model is incredibly useful in navigating difficult waters. Susan and Chuck’s guidance really made a difference and helped us recognize how depleted we had become and exactly what to do about it. I would recommend this training highly!
Fairfield, Connecticut Chuck Berke
Susan Auger (919) 451