Leaders in today’s business environment have myriad responsibilities, and they are expected to fill many different roles. One of those roles is to develop their direct reports—including their successor. This key job responsibility can become an afterthought for busy leaders. In fact, it can end up being no thought at all.
In this session, we will focus on how adding coaching to a leader’s repertoire can benefit the leader and their organization. Broadening a leader’s repertoire of behaviors simply allows them to respond appropriately in more circumstances. Coaching is not about technique, but it does have a rhythm and cadence. This session will walk you through what an actual coaching session looks and sounds like. We will offer a number of examples of actual coaching interchanges to demonstrate how coaching can lead to breakthroughs in growth and development.
In this webcast, you will discover how to use coaching to help your best people get the most out of their talent. You will learn:
- how to listen and observe with your entire being
- how to meet people where they are
- how to ask coaching questions
- the importance of silence
- how to use metaphor to get people unstuck
- how to get people to think for themselves
- how to assist people in creating a feedback loop.
Time: Nov 19, 2019 01:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)